Wayne Green

Wayne Green

Sunday, November 16, 2014

November 16, 2014

I packed up the hat and the picture of my dad that my brother Gary and I have shared custody of (it is a little joke between us) He gets it for his birthday which is at the end of November and then when my birthday comes around in May he is supposed to give it back to me. I bought a wooden box at Michaels and stained it. Then I printed a photo of my dad laughing and added a script that said.....Dad, a son's first hero and a daughter's first love. and mod podged it on the top of the box. I lined it with some paper and decorated the inside of the lid. Then I put the frame with the photo of my dad wearing the hat and the hat as well as one of his handkerchiefs.

I FORGOT TO TAKE A PHOTO OF ALL OF THAT! :(

I sent it home with my son so my brother could pick it up.

I get emotional when my kids visit. Not just since my Dad died....but I always have since I moved over to Ann Arbor. They come to visit and I love it....then they leave to go home......and I cry after they leave (sometimes before they leave, but I try to not do that!) It is almost silly.....but I just love them so much.......

So today.....although I had such a wonderful time hanging out with my son and his girlfriend Helen.......I now have this heavy heart. Don't get me wrong. I am grateful that they were here and I even hate to say it....but it just is the truth.

So when I realized the hat and the photo that sat on my mantel is now gone....and the box I made to store it between its travels......I didn't get a picture of.......ohhhh.....sad.

It doesn't negate my progress. It just is feelings for today......it is all good.......and....I still miss him.........would give a lot.....to talk to him one more time......


No comments:

Post a Comment