Wayne Green

Wayne Green

Friday, November 7, 2014

November 7, 2014 - 2 Months

2 months ago today my Dad left this world. There is something stirring in me, something that I am struggling to put words to. It is something good and something that I want to share here.

I am going to give you an idea, just to try to get this out of my head into words. I will be following up on another post after I have processed more.

My belief about God is that he is everywhere, he is part of everything. He has no beginning and no end, I don't even think he has a gender so to speak........He is this being of love, compassion, light.......he is part of me, part of you....part of us all. We lose touch sometimes with this.

What I am beginning to see or feel.......is that my Dad is part of that....just as we all are......

When people say that my Dad is with me.......first, I have his memories, but he is also part of God.....who is part of me......On a soul level....or spirit.......somehow our souls know each other........not so much in our human form.....but our spirit form.

I keep holding on to the human form of my father.....mainly because that is how I knew how to relate to him in that way.......but his spirit form......is not gone......it is part of us all.......As if I can breathe him in......... I can feel him now...........

I hope I am making some sense, this is in some ways very abstract thinking and putting it into words is seemly impossible. I need to process more.


2 months is not a long time.........and it feels like eternity. My Dad was too young to leave us....75 years old is not old, but his body couldn't keep going........I will miss the human part of my Dad...that tangible touch of him grabbing me and hugging me until I knew I was loved. Kissing me so hard on the check that I thought his wiskers would poke through my skin! He was good at loving, he was very good at that and I miss that. I remain grateful that I had that in my life........how blessed that I had someone who loved me like he did and was not afraid to show it. He truly did show me how God loves me.....my Dad loved me almost like God loves me........what daughter could ask for more than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment