Wayne Green

Wayne Green

Thursday, August 20, 2015

August 20, 2015

Had my Dad not gone on to hospice last year, he would have gone in and out of the hospital for a few more months. As you can read below, he was in the hospital again just before going on hospice. 


And then...there is the joke......always the joke. I miss that so much. I remember him telling me that joke....so often I just shook my head at him.....I should have laughed longer and harder....I miss him.





Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August 20, 2014

I just talked with my dad and he is still in the hospital. He thinks that he will go home today. I told him about the blog so he said to tell everyone that they started him on a new pill that should help him breathe better and he thinks it might be working. They are not going to do the heart cath at this time as his kidney function is not good enough to use the dye for the cath. He likely will be heading home tomorrow. I will be heading up to Cadillac to see him tomorrow afternoon and evening.

He did share a joke with me today. There was a man who went into a bar. The bartender said "would you like a cup of coffee?" The man said "no, I tried that once and I didn't like it". The bartender said, "well would you like some pretzels?" The man said "No, I tried that once and I didn't like it". The bartender said, "well, would you like a beer?" The man said "No, I tried that once and I didn't like it". Then the man said "I am just here to meet up with my son". The Bartender said "let me guess, you only have one son?"

PS - I titled this blog CHASING DAD, because that is what so many of us do. Chase after him! He is an energizer bunny, some kind of walking miracle really. Defying all the odds, time after time. Thus.....Chasing Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment