Wayne Green

Wayne Green

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August 26, 2015

The first week of hospice is busy and can be truly overwhelming. I think that my dad enjoyed meeting the people. The fact that he would call me please the hospice nurse was also a very good sign. With the symptoms he was having he would have been back in the hospital at this point. However having the oxygen and the ativan (which truly does help aide in breathing) he was able to not panic and stay home. He also carried a heavy burden. He loved his wife and knew that things were not right financially. He had multiple chronic illnesses for a number of years and was unable to get life insurance. I know that I discussed with him that us kids would be sure that his wife did not have to pay for the funeral and I know that my brothers did as well. He did find comfort in knowing that we would do whatever we could to relieve some anxiety for him.






Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 26, 2014

Sorry I missed yesterday. My dad is using oxygen. It does help him feel better. The first week of hospice is really busy. In fact it is too much for anyone! There are many team experts coming in to meet him and Sonja. It is part of the hospice benefit. Needless to say it is a bit overwhelming. He did call the hospice nurse this morning and she had him take an Ativan until she arrived. That helped him a lot. He has some heavy burdens that he is carrying because he loves Sonya very much. Please pray that his burdens will lighten so his symptoms improve. Not being able to breath and having chest pain, not knowing for sure what it really means can cause anxiety in most anyone. Even those like my father who have a strong faith in God.
I do want to share one thing. For those who may wish to visit; please call in advance to be sure he is up to the visit. ( I am sure he will love it). Also be mindful that having company can be costly. If you share a meal or stay the night consider what you can do to assist with the costs. He will give you the shirt off his back and right now finances are one of his concerns. If you can't afford to assist please don't let that stop you from visiting. He would never want that to stop you from visiting. Thank you for your consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment