Wayne Green

Wayne Green

Friday, October 10, 2014

October 10, 2014 - Remembering

If ever there is a tomorrow
When we’re not together
There is something you
Must always remember
You are braver than you believe
Stronger than you seem
And smarter than you think
But the most important thing is
EVEN IF WE ARE APART
I’ll always be with you

Winnie the Pooh

This is in the center of my memorial "plaque" for my Dad that hangs at the top of my stairs. It has a photo of him and I at the top, the middle pane is this quote and the bottom pane is the photo of my dad's hand holding my hand. The quote is something that my dad would say to me. He wouldn't have SAID it necessarily, but it is how he always made me feel. 
I have another spot that I keep a memorial to him as well. It is on my fireplace mantel. It is a framed photo of him hitting a golf ball wearing a hat that I bought him and the hat itself is sitting next to the photo....and draped over the frame is one of his handkerchiefs. I also carry one of those in my purse.

One last thing that I am working on is something to wear everyday around my neck. I have a key ring that I made and made one for each of my brothers (still working on 3 more for all of my siblings). But I want something that I can wear around my neck that is symbolic for me, to feel as if he is with me. I have a few items, it is just a matter of creating it. Oh...one last thing that I also carry with me is my Dad's business card holder that he used when he sold Ford cars back in the day........my brother Gary got it for me and what a treasure it is to me!
I have a couple of his shirts and some of his hand tools.....everything means somethins special to me.....I am thankful for the memories of my dad and the small things that I have that warm my heart when I see them or touch them......But they are still just things........they are not my father and if I lost them all tomorrow........I would be sad, but what I have in my heart is far more valuable!

No comments:

Post a Comment