Wayne Green

Wayne Green

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October 8, 2014 - Spirituality

Spirituality is a term that often is confused with Religion. I do research in spirituality in health care. I believe it is one of the things that is missing in health care. A very important "thing" that is missing.

Much to the chagrin of many members of my family, I don't discuss "religion" in a public forum.  I refer to my spirituality much more often. I think this makes my family question my beliefs. They probably pray for me because I say "white healing light".......I welcome the prayers actually...it certainly can't hurt, I can use all the help I can get. What they don't realize is that "white healing light" is really the same thing as praying. Meditation is the same thing as praying. It all is an evolution really.....and something that is difficult to explain.

The difference between religion and spirituality is that religion is the path you take to "walk" your spirituality. Spirituality really boils down to your purpose in life.

My Dad understood me. He was a spiritual man who chose christianity to walk his path. He questioned me once about my spirituality and I answered his questions to his liking. Although he understood me and accepted the way I saw things, it still bothered him a little that I didn't attend church on Sunday. Although he still accepted that. I do believe strongly that it is not for anyone to judge....God is the judge....the higher power is the judge.......

That is exactly how my Dad was.........he didn't judge.......he accepted people where they were in life.......where they were on their spiritual journey. He was evangelical about his christian beliefs....and I honor that in him, but he didn't judge someone for lifestyle....he knew he wasn't the judge of that....he just loved them.

We all can learn from that. I have strong beliefs in God....I walk a path that is very similar to the path my dad walked. I am thankful that I didn't need to explain that to him more than once.......I am also glad that I know that I will get to see him again when it is my time to leave this earth.....I have no idea what that will look like....or feel like......but I do know......that I will feel his love again.......and I am looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment