Wayne Green

Wayne Green

Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 23, 2014 - 6 weeks

It has been about 6 weeks since my Dad died. It seems such a long time since I have spoken to my dad, or felt his tight hug. I miss him more than I can possibly explain.

I think that I am doing well with allowing the grief to come out appropriately and then this happened:

I got lost in San Francisco trying to find my hotel near the airport. Now, I am fairly well traveled. I was a single mom for over 20 years. Not much bothers me. Getting lost does not typically bother me. In reality, I don't think getting lost today bothered me. I think it was an opportunity for emotion to escape. I was driving in circles and just sobbing. 

I also noticed this week that I am much quicker to anger. I am not an angry person. That is apparently one way that my grief and emotion is coming out. I really am not a fan of "losing my shit" over something that just isn't that big of a deal. 

It may not be teh grief of losing my dad, it may just be that I have far too much on my plate at the moment, but either way.....I need to seriously take a step back and breathe in love......and exhale gratitude.......

No comments:

Post a Comment