Wayne Green

Wayne Green

Thursday, October 2, 2014

October 1, 2014

*Late Entry for yesterday*

It finally happened. I have heard of people saying that they "still" will have something happen and think "oh, I should call my dad and tell him" and then remember that "dad" is dead. I really thought, how could that happen? I felt the feeling so strongly that my father is gone from my presence.....like I would always know that he is gone.......

It happened. Yesterday I was doing something (I honestly don't remember the specifics) and I thought, "I should call Dad". I must have been doing something that reminded me of a time that I would call Dad.....and it was an automatic thought. As soon as I thought it, I knew that I couldn't do that........I now realize what that means when people would tell me that.

I am settling in a bit (at least that is how it feels) to this grief. It feels familiar, it feels like something that will be with me for a long time, but in the background....softly playing it's sad song.......

No comments:

Post a Comment