Wayne Green

Wayne Green

Saturday, September 13, 2014

September 13, 2014

Home. I am so happy to be here. I really want to go to Cadillac and see his grave. I also want a shirt of his and a few of his hankerchiefs. I know that they won't smell like him, but they will remind me of him. I can wear one of his flannel shirts around the house.

Speaking of the house. I need to clean in a serious way. I started the laundry and then have just been going through and picking up things and putting them where they belong. Once I get that done along with getting the things I sold on Ebay ready to ship.....I am going to make a bead in honor of my dad. After that, I will start the cleaning process. Hubby will be away most of the weekend, so I have time to do things at the rate of speed that feels right to me. I did get a photo in a frame on my mantel in the living room. so dad is represented now.

I will write a post later that is more informative for you, right now I just need to keep moving :)

One of the items of my father's that I was able to have was a joke book that he loved. I am going to share a joke from the book every day......

I actually remember my Dad telling me this one!

A young husband and wife invited their pastor for Sunday dinner. While they were in the kitchen preparing the meal, their young son was in the living room entertaining the pastor. "What are we having for dinner?" the minister asked. "Goat" replied the boy. "Goat?" repeated tehe startled pastor. "Are you sure about that?" "Yep" said the youngster. "I heard Dad tell Mom, 'Might as well have the old goat for dinner today as any other day'".

No comments:

Post a Comment