Wayne Green

Wayne Green

Saturday, September 6, 2014

September 6, 2014 Game time Update

About 6:30 tonight the fluid in my Dad's lungs increased significantly. He has a very strong "death rattle". I assured all that it is far more uncomfortable for us than it is for him as he is resting comfortably.  His lips and tongue became blue and cyanotic, he had mottling up his abdomen to his chest......all those close to Cadillac were called in.....the one brother who wishes to see my father before he leaves for the funeral home was called to drive the 4 hours back up............another dose of morphine was given.......

His lips are now pink, the mottling is gone.....and another "expert hospice nurse" prediction has bitten the dust. I think that he heard my predictions and used them to set his "goals" to aspire past......I can hear him saying it...."oh no you don't, I am not dying in the next 30 minutes".......tick tick tick.

We turned the game on and sit here with him..... admiring his resolve..........listening to the fluid rattle in his lungs as he struggles for each breath, in and out........

The truth is, the morphine increased his oxygen levels.......as long as he isn't coughing I won't give the morphine again.......but if he coughs, I can't allow the suffering that he endures with that and so it will go........

Updates as soon as possible........

No comments:

Post a Comment