Wayne Green

Wayne Green

Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014

It is officially my first day a a traveling empolyee. Travel by plane that is. I researched the carry on rules, I purchased a set of luggage that is two carry on's. One for my school work and work work...plus both laptops and the other for my clothes. I had to drastically down size what I pack due to the limited space. I was proud of myself that I accomplished this feat. I arrived at the airport with plenty of time. I made it through security and even managed to find a Chai Latte............then......we boarded the plane......As I rolled my bright pink set of luggage down the isle......I had many people looking at me......and you could just see the wheels turning......My seat was at the back of the plane.....I arrive and the stewardess says......"there is no room for your luggage, you will need to check it". So I stowed the laptop under my seat......and waited for all of the passengers to board and then I took the walk of shame back up the isle with my hot pink carry on suitcase and had to wait to get a ticket for it. Now, I remember that if you had to check a bag at the plane, you also recieved it back when the flight landed, not with the other checked luggage. Not so fast......they said I could retrieve it at my final destination......sort of like...CHECKED LUGGAGE......meaning I could have brought more with me! Oh well......so it goes......then.....the flight is delayed for take off.......the fire in Chicago that happend a few days ago was still causing delays in the midwest. We arrive and I look at my boarding pass for my connecting flight and I realize that as I sit there, in the back of the plane, with everyone else in front of me.....my connecting flight is boarding at that moment. It didn't stop me from running...only to find out after I walked about a mile....that I then needed to take a tram......I arrive at my gate....and.....the flight isn't even up on the board......it left EARLY! There are 2 other men that were on my flight that also missed the same flight. The next flight out is 6pm tonight. My luggage.....remains to be found.......so much for the best laid plans! I will have hope that it will meet me in Wichita later tonight.

I enjoyed my visit yesterday with my mother and my brother Gary. I wore one of my dad's flannel shirts all day. *smile* I ordered prints of photos so I can hang some more family pictures on my family wall and finsih making my tribute wall for my dad. I will be able to do that this weekend.

I shared with you all how I lost all of my dad's voicemails except for one. I am going to record that very soon. I listened to it today, as I sat here surounded by strangers..........it felt so good to hear his voice........so familiar.....and at the end he said....."hey.....Love you lots girl"..........ahhhhhh......I MUST record this to save forever...I really must.........hearing his voice alone.......brought comfort....hearing him say he loves me.......filled my heart........cetainly something to listen to when I need a boost! Ok....my power cords for my personal computers and phones are in my lost luggage.....so....I beter shut this down for now.......

No comments:

Post a Comment